Quiz backup restore fails: Version: 1.5.2

Quiz backup restore fails: Version: 1.5.2

by Bibek Bhattarai -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

Quiz backup and restore shows some interminent bug. If we back up quiz from a class with public and private category and then restore it to new class, public categorizes does not get imported most of the time. It is not true for every case though out of 10-15 trials we were able to import successfully for 3-4 times. We are having problem debugging this issue.

If anyone knows the reason for this problem or have fix for this bug, please let us know.

We recently upgraded our moodle to version 1.5.2 from 1.4.3. We are currently in proceess of testing and customizing our new version of moodle.

Thank you in advance for all your assistance.

Bibek Bhattarai
Asst. Software Engineer
Academic Technology
San Francisco State University

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bibek Bhattarai

Re: Quiz backup restore fails: Version: 1.5.2

by Jeffrey Ames -

While I don't have an answer for your problem, I'd like to report another problem related to Quiz Restore found in version 1.5.3+.

User attempts are not restored during the process. A message that this will be implemented in 1.5.1 is displayed.

For now I would not recommend relying on Backup & Restore for archival or disaster recovery purposes, instead only use it for creating or resetting a new (no user data) course. Reported as bug #4608.

Another issue is complete loss of Glossary objects, reported as bug #4606.