Help producing Progress Report

Help producing Progress Report

by David Bunney -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, Can anyone please help me with a simple task I am sure has been achieved somewhere in the world by someone. Yet I have searched without success.

My Objective is simple: Track student academic progress at specific time periods across several courses.

Operating SystemPHP 7.0 Moodle version 3.6.2

My report is needed for:

1. Used to identify at-risk students (students not progressing)
  2. Used for intervention processes (action taken to encourage progress)
  3. Used for addressing compliance obligations (Regulatory reporting requirement)

The report must:

1. Generate report at any point in time including retrospect.
  2. Include all students and/or single students
  3. Summarises all students progress at that report date

I guess I am looking for some sort of consolidation report of all students progress through several courses.

I would really appreciate any help, and grateful to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Bunney

Re: Help producing Progress Report

by Heather P -

Hello

Progress measuring is difficult and what you are asking for doesn't sound like anything I've seen actually in core Moodle. Nothing as obvious as saying progress - click here.

Potentially the plugin configurable reports might be able to do something, but you would have to work out where each bit of the data you want is coming from before you can even consider how you are going to construct a report.

Not progressing - could be they are not logging in, or it could be that they have no grades, or they are not submitting assignments. Decide how you are going to work out what each of your criteria is and then it is down to making a report.

I don't know whether you are alone in your Moodle or whether you have an entire college to call upon, but if you have a report writing team loitering then potentially they can tap into the database directly and combine it with other data from MIS systems such as attendance records.

Regards

Heather