Portfolio of Evidence & SCORM on Moodle

Re: Portfolio of Evidence & SCORM on Moodle

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

SCORM isn't really set up to do this nicely - lots of variables like the authoring tool used, the settings the content creator used, SCORM 1.2 doesn't have a nice way to store the actual question that was asked either. (SCORM 2004 does, but it's not officially supported by Moodle.)

If you're looking for something visually appealing with good reporting capabilities you really need to start moving away from using SCORM - and use the Moodle quiz/maybe even combine it with the lesson module - if you like the ability to externally develop content instead of directly in the LMS(Moodle) then you might want to look at H5P as a replacement for your SCORM packages.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Portfolio of Evidence & SCORM on Moodle

by Christine Cozien -

Thanks for getting back to me Dan. What you say about SCORM 2004 vs 1.2 and reporting was echoed in various (old 2010) forum and blog posts I was able to find. I wasn't sure how outdated the info in those posts was so your reply is very helpful. 

We're using Articulate 360 BTW, predominantly Rise with embedded Storyline elements. It looks like Storyline quiz has a review option which allows one to review the learner's response to the question and whether they got it right or wrong, which could be converted to PDF for soft or hardcopy Portfolio Of Evidence.

Failing that we will most likely use SCORM for lessons combined with Moodle assessment elements like quiz, assignment, and workshop, because they report seamlessly to the gradebook and provide acceptable POE.

H5P I've considered and I will look into it a bit more. Do you think H5P is appropriate for assessment in terms of providing evidence, or is it better just for providing engaging elements in a course?