CSS separation

Re: CSS separation

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers

Jonathan, I had been looking at ATutor but I never worked with it.

Giving your users the power to arrange and modify the interface and/or the order of the page elements is one possible solution. This approach meets the huge demand for user configurable tools for advanced usability.

From the Interface aspect Microsoft Live live.com looks very promising. (Their way of reinventing AJAX with proprietary technology is typical for that company.) You get the important feeling that you are in charge.

Michael, the support demand will definitely grow with user configurable interfaces. But those configurable interfaces are not created because developers like them but on user demand. And not at least in a learning environment a content user is the far better learner. And users must learn to be responsible for what they do in an environment with more freedom. And you can reduce the support with training for the computer literate user.

For my work I try to understand user needs and try to manage solving as much as possible within the given budget and technological borders. The Chameleon theme is one result smile

Urs
[Tags: Interface, Usability, AJAX]