Badges Final Course Mark - Not Working

Re: Badges Final Course Mark - Not Working

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jeff!

Let's try one more thing: what did you get when you access the " Course completion" report? I guess these users haven't completed the course (and that's why the badge is not awarded automatically).

Cheers!

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Jeff Walker -

Hello,

There is no "Course Completion" report under the reports section. I have:

Logs

Live Logs

Activity Report

Course Participation

Activity Completion

Statistics

I looked into them and they do seem to be recording the activities being submitted. 

The only other place that has "Course Completion" is in it's own section, which I believe I posted an image of earlier in the conversation. 

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Walker

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jeff!

We've got it! smile I think it was not working because you haven't defined any course completion criteria from the "Course completion" section.

The "Course completion" report only appears when the "Course completion" is enabled. You should access to the "Course completion" from the course cog and select the criteria to complete the course (i.e. activities to be completed, grade...). Reviewing the screenshot I've realised now that there are no criteria selected. Once done, the course completion will be enabled, so badges will start awarding automatically for the users who have completed the course. Besides, the "Course completion" link report should appear in the reports section. From here, you'll be able to check who should award the badge. 

Cheers!

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Jeff Walker -

Hey Sara,

You are correct!!!

I checked those boxes and within a few moments the badges were awarded. Awesome!

The only glitch is that it seems to award the bronze to every student that got minimum 80%. So, there is a student that got silver, but they were also awarded bronze. One got gold, and so far they were awarded bronze and gold (not sure if/when silver will be awarded).

I suspect this may be a limitation of how it calculates the final grade or something. Meaning that if the student hits 100%, it also says, "Oh, they've also got 80% and 90%!"

Perhaps there is a way to add additional criteria, but for now at least the badges are working. Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me get it working. I owe you one! :D

Jeff

Attachment monkeys.png