Warning: Activity deletion in progress! Some grades are about to be removed. [Deletion in progress]

Re: Warning: Activity deletion in progress! Some grades are about to be removed. [Deletion in progress]

by William Franz -
Number of replies: 3

I had much the same problem, but when I attempted to backup and then restore the course, it worked flawlessly.  The problem is that I have not found out what caused the problem to begin with.  If I'd received error messages, I could have tracked the problem, but I did not receive any errors.  The newly restored course no longer had the offending grades [pending deletion].

I don't want to restore over a course every time I delete a quiz, so any additional information about how to track down the root cause of this problem would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to William Franz

Re: Warning: Activity deletion in progress! Some grades are about to be removed. [Deletion in progress]

by Ariane Cleverly -

i have the same issue.  That warning will not go away.  I restored as a new class and the message went away for a few minutes and now it's back.  The only activity I have in one quiz.  That's it, It's a brand new course.  Any suggestions would help.  I tried the : http://your.site.moodle/admin/cron.php and get this error message 

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

In reply to William Franz

by Thomas Renard -
This worked for me too. But same here, don't want to restore over a course every time I delete a quiz. Anyone has a solution yet?
In reply to Thomas Renard

by Ibrahim Sayed_Ahmad -

Its sure not the right solution but I forced to do that

Go to databse -> mdl_grade_items table : delete the records for the deleted activity

Average of ratings: Useful (1)