Flexpage theme missing error

Flexpage theme missing error

by Alex Briones -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle 3.2.7, php 5.4.6, MyQl 5.7.25 on CentOS (kernel 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64)

When I set up my developer's debugging tools, this error pops up whenever I visit a Moodle page. I am trying to debug a course completion issue. Can someone suggest why am I getting this error? 

Note: My default theme is Adaptable. We underwent site migration recently.

Thanks in advanced.

This page should be using theme flexpage which cannot be initialised. Falling back to the site theme adaptable

• line 506 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 7180 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to theme_config::load()
  • line 420 of /lib/classes/user.php: call to get_list_of_themes()
  • line 581 of /lib/classes/user.php: call to core_user::fill_properties_cache()
  • line 188 of /auth/email/classes/external.php: call to core_user::get_property_type()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to auth_email_external::signup_user_parameters()
  • line 118 of /lib/externallib.php: call to call_user_func()
  • line 52 of /admin/webservice/testclient.php: call to external_api::external_function_info()

(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - Changed title of post to be more accurate to the actual issue - original submission Friday, 1 February 2019, 7:26 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Briones

Re: Adaptable theme and flexpage error

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Because the 'Flexpage' theme has not been installed or is broken!  Hence the words "This page should be using theme flexpage which cannot be initialised. Falling back to the site theme adaptable".
In reply to Alex Briones

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As Gareth stated, you installed Flexpage and now moodle can't find it. Even Adaptable is your default theme, moodle load all the themes settings when you load a page that include the Site Administration menu.

You must remove Flexpage from the theme folder and also from the database. Try first to find the theme in the Plugins Overview page or try to delete the rows related to Flexpage.

And the easiest solution is to install Flexpage again, verify all is working and then remove it from Moodle following the right steps.

Please, some Mod can change the title because this issue is not related with Adaptable? Thanks.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've changed the title of the post to be more accurate to the actual problem in case anyone else does a search in the future.  In this case, Adaptable is just the fallback theme that was switched to because of the issue and not the actual issue itself.

Gareth

by Alex Briones -

We never removed the older themes i.e flexpage and just deactivated it when we moved to Adaptable.

I can see that when checking user permissions at the system level I get this:

View Flexpage Menus    Allowed: Yes

And it seems that old theme functions are still active. 

I will remove flexpage from the site. Thanks

by Julian Rayappu -
Hello,

I am dealing with the same issue with Flexpage v3.2.3. In the Plugins overview page Flexpage does not have the "Uninstall" link available. This is because theme_flexpage is required by format_flexpage and vice versa. 

How do I remove Flexpage from the theme folder?
How do I remove Flexpage from the database?

I appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction.

Thank you.