Missing 'activity completion' restriction in moodle 3.5

Missing 'activity completion' restriction in moodle 3.5

by Стоян Дренски -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Mary, experts,

we use moodle 3.5 and clean theme with small design adjustments. Our learning content consists of single category with several single activity elements(books and quizzes):

We need to restrict access to each activity unless the previous is completed. I have enabled

the activity completion tracking on site level:

as well as the restriction by activity completion:

the completion tracking is on at course level for all courses:

but still the 'activity completion' restriction is not in the list:

Please advice, as I am not able to sleep the last days.

Thank's in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Стоян Дренски

Re: Missing 'activity completion' restriction in moodle 3.5

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello smile Have you got more than one activity in your course? You won't see the Activity completion option until you have made at least one activity with completion tracking - because you cannot restrict access to one single existing activity, if you understand me smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Стоян Дренски -

Dear Mary, thank you for the timely answer, which is straight- to- the- point! Now I understand the logic of this restriction. Sadly all my courses are 'single activity format' - books, pages or quizzes. Thus I obviously need another approach to restrict access to each course upon completion of the previous one (all users are enrolled in all courses by default). Any idea I could use (assuming I keep the single activity format of my courses)?

Thanks in advance once again!

In reply to Стоян Дренски

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ah - I did wonder when I saw your list of courses and you seemed to be referring to them as activities. Sadly, as you can see from the Completion FAQ there is no way to restrict access to courses based on completion of other courses. There are workarounds but they are not ideal.