How to use MOODLE but its really interested

How to use MOODLE but its really interested

by Medical Education -
Number of replies: 3

Hi!

I am Fasih from Bacha Khan Medical College Pakistan. working in Medical Education Department. i really appreciated the Moodle but i have little bit difficulties to know how can i use it. any one else can help me please. 

thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Medical Education

Re: How to use MOODLE but its really interested

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

You just missed a great opportunity, the Learn Moodle 3.6 Basics course at https://learn.moodle.net/. The next course will be in June 2019.

If you have never been in a Moodle course (well, you're in one, this site moodle.org is a slightly modified Moodle) you can still register and look around in the running course. But to do anything useful it is too late.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Fasih,

A good place to start is on YouTube, where there are many videos showing how to use Moodle. A couple of good ones I have come across:

Without knowing what version of Moodle you are using and in what capacity (admin, manager, teacher, student) it is difficult to give specific help.

You can always setup a free moodlecloud .com and explore it there.

Hope this helps
Derek

by Brendon Hatcher -

Hi Fasih

Moodle is a Virtual Learning Environment.  It (can) cover every aspect of teaching, learning and educational management.

My suggestion would be to:

1. Start by describing every detail of your existing educational process, from listing and advertising courses through to marking and certification/graduation
  2. Then decide which of these steps should be done with Moodle
  3. Then use Moodle documentation, youtube videos, etc to match your steps to Moodle concepts and terminology
  4. Then determine if the core Moodle functions are sufficient, or if you need a plugin to get a better fit between your requirements and Moodle processes (for many users, it is the wide range of plugins that makes Moodle attractive)

Step 4 is best done by actually installing Moodle.  a free MoodleCloud account will be fine to get started, but you cannot install plugins there.  For that, you'll either need to pay, or install Moodle on your own server.

Once you have a Moodle set up, create accounts for admin, teacher and student and get comfortable understanding the roles, facilities and workflows for each type of user.

Good luck!

Brendon