Login with Moodle app

Login with Moodle app

by Christian Wichmann -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

currently we use iPads and the Moodle app with our students. After starting the app each student logs in with his/her Moodle credentials. So far everything works perfectly.

But our iPads are used by multiple classes and different student and will not be reset after using at the moment. So the entered credentials will stay on the device. The next student could access the courses of other students.

My question is: Is there a way to ensure that the app does not store any information about the login, so that students have to enter their username and password each time they start the app?

I would really appreciate your suggestions?

Best regards,

Christian Wichmann

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Wichmann

Re: Login with Moodle app

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello Christian,

My question is: Is there a way to ensure that the app does not store any information about the login, so that students have to enter their username and password each time they start the app?

There is a way to force every user using an App to login again (username is saved though):

Go to Site administration >> Mobile app >> Mobile features

Force log (outtool_mobile | forcelogout) to yes

If enabled, the app option 'Change site' is replaced by 'Log out'. This results in the user being completely logged out. They must then re-enter their password the next time they wish to access the site.

Kind regards,

Isabel

In reply to Isabel Renedo

by Christian Wichmann -

Hello Isabel,

thank you for your tip. But your solution would work for all users on all devices?! Rather than that I am looking for a setting in the app, that I could just activate.

Best regards,

Christian

In reply to Christian Wichmann

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

this change will affect  all users in all devices, you can apply this configuration just to certain types of devices.

Regards, Juan