Library of sample database forms

Library of sample database forms

by Don Hinkelman -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am having a hard time learning the Database Module. It would be much easier to go to a library of previously created database forms and use one of them or modify one of them. Where can I find that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Hinkelman

Re: Library of sample database forms

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Don,

The Activity examples course on the School demo site has lots of database activities, each with a link to download the preset: https://school.demo.moodle.net/course/view.php?id=57&section=3

There is also a database presets database on Moodle.net: https://moodle.net/mod/data/view.php?id=22

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan McGuire -

The library of sample database forms is very helpful, Helen. Thank you. But, when I try to restore the file to my Moodle course I get this message "The selected file is not a valid Moodle backup file and can't be restored." Might you be able to suggest what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you

In reply to Dan McGuire

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Dan,

Please see the section 'Importing a preset' in the documentation Building Database for how to restore a database form (known as a 'preset').

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Don - give us some examples of what you’re trying to do in the Database forum. Several of us use the Database module extensively and often try to push its boundaries 😁