Ranking Block - not picking up students

Ranking Block - not picking up students

by Susan Fleming -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

We are at 3.5.1+ (Build: 20180824) are encountering a problem with the Ranking block: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=block_ranking

It has been used successfully for two years to gamify a math course, but with the upgrade to 3.5 the block is no longer pulling in students and we can't figure out how to rectify this problem.   The block was last updated for 3.2 and though it does say it is forward compatible to 3.4, we are starting to wonder if we are encountering a compatibility issue, though the block is apparently still installed on 256 sites with version 3.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Susan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Fleming

Re: Ranking Block - not picking up students

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Susan. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Have you tried to contact the maintainer directly? Willian is an active moodle.org user and he should know best. The other option is to describe your problems into a new CONTRIB issue in the Moodle Tracker, choosing the block as the component. See the "Useful links" section at the plugin's page for the list of existing reported issues.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Ranking Block - not picking up students

by Susan Fleming -

Our problem seems to have resolved itself overnight.  I am not certain what has changed since yesterday (we had our Questionnaire plugin updated last night, but nothing else), but I was just about to copy the course into our test server to play and decided to try the ranking block one more time before doing so ... and this time it populated correctly.

There are days I swear artificial intelligence it there in the background and it is malicious.

Thanks to everyone