Course Completion - settings issue

Course Completion - settings issue

by J C -
Number of replies: 7

Hi there,

I am having a lot of trouble with the "Completion of other Courses" condition in the course completion settings.

I don't want the completion of my course to be conditional upon completion of any other course. I try to use the "Hit Ctrl and click" method to remove the highlight on all the available courses. That seems to work, but as soon as I press save and go back to the settings, the course is highlighted again (as well as shows up in the course completion report as a dependency).

I have attached screenshots below. One of them shows all the courses without any highlights - this is after I used the "Hit Ctrl and click" to remove the highlight. The other screenshot shows the course with the highlight - this is after I clicked on "Save changes" once I had removed the highlight - so it went right back to being highlighted.

I have other courses in which course completion tracking is enabled and none of them have this issue.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what I could do to fix this!

Thanks!

Attachment After saving changes.JPG
Attachment Unhighlighted.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to J C

Re: Course Completion - settings issue

by Sya Rahim -

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I keep referring to this Moodle tracker but I can't resolve it still. Help.

In reply to Sya Rahim

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Definitely a bug - you can delete the entry in the database if you have access to the database - back up first!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sya Rahim -

Hi Emma, 

Can you please teach me how to resolve it? I have been trying to solve for two days. 

In reply to Sya Rahim

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I too was totally vexed by not being able to "remove" an undesired course completion condition. This may or may not work for you, if you already have students that have completed the course with the current conditions. The UI should have a checkbox for each condition, if selected the condition is the valid parameter. If unselected, the condition even if populated is ignored as invalid.

In the past, I have updated the "new" completion conditions, such as selecting a course activity and then collapsing the Course Completion condition  area. 

Good luck.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Sya Rahim -

Thanks you, Shirley. I appreciate your workaround the issue. I will definitely try it out. I am still puzzled on what caused it. 

In reply to Sya Rahim

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hopefully this bug will be fixed in later versions of Moodle -it is currently under review here /MDL-64151

In reply to Sya Rahim

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Go into the database and find the table for mdl_course_completion_criteria.  Search in that table for criteria for your course id.  Find the correct entry for completion of other courses and delete.

You really need to back up first, especially if you have not been in the database before or find someone with experience to help you!