Custom HTML for admin page footers

Custom HTML for admin page footers

by Harry Stamper -
Number of replies: 2

I am working on a theme layer for Moodle v3.2.6 based on Boost. One requirement is to have custom HTML within all footers. While I can achieve this for high-level pages, at least some of the deeper admin pages remain Moodle branded. Are there templates missing from a Boost based theme that would cover these remaining footers?

Please let me know if I have provided insufficient detail.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harry Stamper

Re: Custom HTML for admin page footers

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

You can add a setting, such as a Foot Note to the layout file which places an area in the Page Footer that allows the Site Administrator to add custom HTML..

https://github.com/lazydaisy/gologo/blob/master/settings.php#L139-L147

Is this what you mean?

It was easy enough to do in previous versions of Moodle prior to Mustache Templates but I dare say it can be achieved there too in Boost child themes.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Custom HTML for admin page footers

by Harry Stamper -

Thanks, Mary. That may be the answer for data being injected into certain footers. I was looking for the template files that inserted the HTML into all footers. I was opening all templates within the theme and I edited any that had footer HTML just to see it rendered on the page. However, despite clearing all caches, certain footers remained with the standard Moodle logo and links.