Questions for badging

Questions for badging

by Adrian Yosifov -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, 

I have 3 questions that I can't find an answer for so I am hoping for some help:

1. How many badges does the Latest Badges and Recent Badges blocks hold before stretching the whole profile page? 

2. Is there a local profile backpack that I can use for my company that is not tied to Mozilla Backpack or Open Badges or anything like that? I just need a profile backpack that collects all the badges to be viewed and not stretching the page if they are too many. 

3. Can I issue a badge manually to all users in the organization without having to select them one by one but issue the badge as a bulk option? This badge is not only tied to a course but I want to add it manually for everyone that even missed that course. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adrian Yosifov

Re: Questions for badging

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Adrian!

1. How many badges does the Latest Badges and Recent Badges blocks hold before stretching the whole profile page? 

For the Latest Badges block, you can define how many badges to display if you access the "Configure Latest badges block":

Configure latest badges block

For the Recent Badges block, you could contact its maintainers: https://moodle.org/plugins/block_bs_recent_badges

2. Is there a local profile backpack that I can use for my company that is not tied to Mozilla Backpack or Open Badges or anything like that? I just need a profile backpack that collects all the badges to be viewed and not stretching the page if they are too many. 

For now, I don't think so. I would suggest following this issue from the tracker: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-63262

3. Can I issue a badge manually to all users in the organization without having to select them one by one but issue the badge as a bulk option? This badge is not only tied to a course but I want to add it manually for everyone that even missed that course. 

It the badge is not tied to a course, I would suggest creating a system badge: https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Using_badges#Adding_a_site_badge

Hope this helps! smile

Sara

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Adrian Yosifov -

Thank you Sara! I am trying to issue a site badge to all nearly 4k students we have but I can't do it because it says too many users to show. Do you know how I can add the badge for everyone all together? 

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Adrian!

In that case, I would suggest adding a criterion to earn the system badge related to some profile field that all the users have filled for sure, i.e. the first name or the surname. And then, the badge will be earned automatically for all the users in the system wink

Cheers!

Sara

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Adrian Yosifov -

I was tampering with the options yesterday yes thank you Sara! 

Unfortunately all the people who already filled those fields do not get automatically the badge UNLESS they click edit profile and just save their profile without amending anything then they get the badge. 

I have to think of another criteria if it is possible. Thank you for the help! 

by Adrian Yosifov -

Just wanted to post a quick reply:

I managed to use that profile field update and make it mandatory for everyone in the company to fill. This way I linked the badge to this field and whenever they log in to their profile Moodle will automatically force them into their profile page to do it. When they fill it the badge will automatically get distributed in their profile. I am happy now! smile Thanks again! haha