Custom Role: Quiz Checker

Custom Role: Quiz Checker

by Lara Smith -
Number of replies: 9

Hi Everyone!

I would like to ask if creating a role or an account that the only purpose is to check specific quizzes is possible to do? Please share how.

Kindly enlighten me. Thank you very much!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lara Smith

Re: Custom Role: Quiz Checker

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, this is possible. See https://docs.moodle.org/en/Roles_and_permissions

You would need to work out what capabilities to give the new role. At the minimum, it would need:

• Permission to access to course.
  • Permission to view the quiz.
  • Permission to preview the quiz.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Lara Smith -

Hi Tim!

Thank you for this. I will check it out.

In reply to Lara Smith

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

We found the solution to a similar request. See Looking for a simple method to share question categories. It might contain a hint or two to for you.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Lara Smith -

Hi Visvanath, 

Thank you for your response. I'll check this.

Best Regards,
Prescious

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Lara Smith -

Hi Tim!

Thank you for your response. I was also going to ask if it is possible to limit the student list to be checked by the Quiz checker account? The situation is like this: There is a course then there is a quiz in the course. The course has many enrolled students which are grouped by section name. The rule is the quiz checker maybe given 2 sections to check. If it is possible how can I do it? Please guide me. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Lara

In reply to Lara Smith

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This looks like a situation where you need Moodle groups. Make each 'Section' of your course a Group, and put the checker in the groups they are responsible for. Then set the quiz to 'Separate groups' mode.

Make sure that the Quiz checker role does not have 'Access all groups' capability, but that other teacher-like roles do.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Lara Smith -

Hi TIm!

Thank you for guidance. I was able to execute by creating a role "Assessment Checker" ARCHETYPE: Teacher (non-editing) and setting the course settings under group: Group Mode: Separate Groups and Force: Yes.

In reply to Lara Smith

by Tim Hunt -

You don't have to force Separate groups in the course settings (which makes it apply in all activities. You can also apply it just in the quiz setting for all, or some, quizzes.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Lara Smith -

Hi Tim,

The purpose of the Moodle installation that I am working on right now is just for quizzes that's why I applied it in all activities. Thank you for reminding me about that.