Glossary entries and index in regional language

Re: Glossary entries and index in regional language

by sushumna rao -
Number of replies: 12

Hi Helen Foster,

Yes, for example if I have language pack enabled for the site, I want the alphabet to display in that language. 

I am able to add entries in that language but the alphabets are in English.

regards,

Sushumna.

In reply to sushumna rao

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The alphabet should display in the user's language e.g. https://school.demo.moodle.net/mod/glossary/view.php?id=650 displays in English then if I select Russian in the languages dropdown menu then the alphabet displays in Russian - https://school.demo.moodle.net/mod/glossary/view.php?id=650&mode&lang=ru

I don't think it's possible without customising the code to have the alphabet displaying in all the languages for which there is a language pack installed.

In reply to Helen Foster

by sushumna rao -

Thanks Helen for the input. Yes, as Russian displays Russian alphabets I am actually looking for that kind on how to do it. Can any one suggest.

In reply to sushumna rao

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The alphabet should display for all languages. Which language are you having a problem with?

In reply to Helen Foster

by sushumna rao -

Hi,

Sorry after a long time, I am replying, I am having problem with Telugu. Though site language changed to Telugu, in Glossary activity alphabets are in English.

Attachment Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.39.09 PM.png
In reply to sushumna rao

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

That probably indicates that the language pack is missing some translations. Feel free to contribute smile

In reply to Jon Bolton

by sushumna rao -

Jon Bolton thank you for the suggestion, but i am a moderator for Telugu, will check if this is not done.

In reply to Jon Bolton

by sushumna rao -

I did translate and submitted...but no use.

In reply to sushumna rao

by Jon Bolton -

Did you clear the cache? I’ve just installed the Telugu language pack on a test site and the glossary alphabet shows as expected, although there are some other strings that still need translating, eg.

• Printer-friendly version
  • Browse the glossary using this index
  • Search full text
  • Add a new entry
  • Special
  • ALL

In reply to Jon Bolton

by sushumna rao -
Sorry, I was away from work, so delay in reply.
Do we have to change site language ?
In reply to sushumna rao

by Jon Bolton -
Well yes - you need to change the site language, or the course language, or the user language. See https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Language_settings
In reply to Jon Bolton

by sushumna rao -
Did all necessary changes still the same.

In reply to sushumna rao

by sushumna rao -
Somehow I got letters but when we click on alphabet its not leading to those words, may be I need to translate few more strings I suppose will try