Quiz - Different sections of quiz have different pass criteria, is there a way to set caveats to a question

Quiz - Different sections of quiz have different pass criteria, is there a way to set caveats to a question

by Paul Dimmock -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 3.4

We are attempting to build quizzes with separate 'section headings'. We wish to state that each section has pass criteria, 

i.e. in Section 1 there are 4 questions, you must pass ALL 4 questions to pass this section.

In Section 2 there are 25 questions, you must pass 18 questions to pass this section.

Is there a way to add caveats in Moodle so that IF a student in Section 1 answers 3/4 correct, Moodle can recognise that ALL of Section 1 is deemed a fail.

OR 

within the question establish a question fail setting i.e. Q1 requires you to answer 4 of 6 correct answers> User gets 3 and Moodle recognises this question is a fail overall?

So far haven't seen similar forum post, but perhaps i've missed it. Would appreciate any feedback.

Paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Dimmock

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Quiz - Different sections of quiz have different pass criteria, is there a way to set caveats to a question

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Re: it looks like it's only available on Moodle 3.5 and 3.6

If you look at the versions tab in the plugin page, it has versions available for all Moodle branches from 2.6 to 3.6 smile