Can't remove maintenance mode after migrating

Can't remove maintenance mode after migrating

by Randy Foster -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I have been working on migrating my site to new hosted server. I have done this twice. The first time everything appeared to work. The second now I can't get it out of maintenance mode

The reason I did it a second time was because I put the moodle files in a sub directory under root instead of in the root.

Now I can log in as admin and see everything seems to look good but I cannot get it out of maintenance mode. I set it to disable and click save then it errors out.

my site is hosted on a linux server running php 7.2 and mysql 5.6 and moodle 3.6.1

the error i get is:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/admin/settings.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to determine what the problem may be in the settings.php file but if someone could suggest a change I can make it.

When I migrated the moodledata and database files the second time, the original site was in maintenance mode there too.

Any help be appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Randy Foster

Re: Can't remove maintenance mode after migrating

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That's not a Moodle maintenance mode screen ... it's an operating system/apache (assuming apache) screen.

Check your servers web servers error logs for 413 errors.

Also suggest creating a phpinfo.php page and putting it at your servers document root ... which could be /home/customerlogin/public_html or /var/www/html/ or ??? depends.

The phpinfo.php page contains only the following:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Hit the phpinfo.php page via your browser .... https://yoursite/phpinfo.php

That will provide a wealth of information on settings in new site.

Might need to increase some php values.

Might also check hosting providers forums/faqs/helpdesk blog, etc..

'spirit of sharing', Ken