Generate custom certificate automatically

Generate custom certificate automatically

by Peter G -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I'm very pleased using the Custom Certificate module in mixed face-to-face and distance education. One thing I would like to be able to do, however, is to print out all of the certificates for my students at the end of the course. In order to print the certificates, it appears necessary that the students all click on the link first.

Is it possible to have a course instructor or manager generate the certificates on behalf of some or all students?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter G

Re: Generate custom certificate automatically

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There is an email option in the certificate settings. When a student meets all the requirements for obtaining a certificate it will email them which automatically issues them a certificate as well.

There is an issue https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_customcert/issues/205 which will deal with downloading all the certificates in bulk.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Peter Ward -

Hi Mark,

If the custom certificate is hidden from the student, will the certificate be emailed to the email address set in 'other' ?

What if the custom certificate is a 'stealth activity' and no link is provided for the student, i.e. it's hidden but they could access it if they only knew how. Will the 'other' email be sent in this scenario?

I think the answer is 'NO' in the first scenario and 'YES' in the second.

Peter

In reply to Peter Ward

by Bobby Strickland -

Did you get an answer to this question? I have a similar need. 

In reply to Peter G

by Sadia Khalique -
When this certificate will support moodle 3.8??