Changing roles to that of a student and changing time

Changing roles to that of a student and changing time

by Larry Baum -
Number of replies: 0

I have a suggestion regarding changing roles and times on Moodle. 

To test whether things I set up on my course moodle site (such as quizzes, questionnaires, display of grades, etc.) work as expected, I switch to Student role and take a look. However, in this role, I can't see everything a student sees. And I can't see what the course moodle site would look like at a specific future time when I want to do something (such as hold a quiz). 

Because of that gap, sometimes I think I've set up something correctly, but it fails when I actually try to use it during a lecture, which is not a good time to fail. For example, I've set up online quizzes and forgotten to adjust all of the several time and visibility settings, resulting in the quiz being invisible to students and requiring me to stop the lecture until I figured out which one of the settings I should fix. 

I'd like to test these things in advance by switching to the role of a dummy or phantom student who has all the access rights of a real student, and I'd like to be able to adjust the time temporarily to particular periods in the future, such as during a lecture. Would it be possible to add such a feature to Moodle?

Average of ratings: -