pluginfile.php - error loading file (Result: Aborted)

pluginfile.php - error loading file (Result: Aborted)

by Andrew Robertson -
Number of replies: 3

Good morning everyone. I am currently using Moodle to act as a contingency application to our production LMS. While most of it works quite well, there is one hiccup I am encountering in this system that I've never encountered on other LMS applications.  

After making my way through one of our e-modules, the introductory activity is an X-ray game built using Adobe Animate (SWF). Once the introductory activity is complete, the user is directed to click the (X) button within the activity which will then take you to the next page of the SCORM compliant module. The problem I am encountering is that, once the (X) is clicked within the SWF file it does not continue to the next page. When monitoring the Developer > Network window, the file /mmodle/pluginfile.php/92/mod_scorm/content/3/a001_level_1_last_change_change.html is aborted .

Module built using: Lectora X and (17 has not been tested yet)

Any help or knowledge would be appreciated.

Attachment 17-01-2019 11-14-33 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Robertson

Re: pluginfile.php - error loading file (Result: Aborted)

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

SCORM is a bit of a black-box sometimes... and it can be hard to diagnose exactly what is going on...

Does the Console tab in the browser show any JS errors occurring?

But.... I wouldn't bother spending any time trying to get a SWF-based SCORM to work as expected - it's going to completely stop working when all the browsers drop support for Flash anyway.

The Flash apocalypse is here...

We wrote a report that helps you to identify Flash-based SCORM activities here:
https://moodle.org/plugins/report_apocalypse

also a bit more info on the apocalypse here:
https://www.catalyst.net.nz/products/flashapocalypse

and if you want more reading... here's my blog post:
https://www.catalyst.net.nz/blog/flash-apocalypse-new-moodle-report-plugin-released

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Andrew Robertson -

Thanks Dan for your response. I guess you're technically saying that I am pooched and that it is not worth investigating further?

In reply to Andrew Robertson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

well - it's possible you might be able to work out a solution...(you could even get a Moodle Partner to help if you wanted to throw some $$ at it...) but it's probably going to take a bunch of time that is better spent replacing the Flash content instead.