Grade Book Error

Grade Book Error

by Kayla Holder -
Number of replies: 3

In grader report, our course totals are not reflecting cumulative totals. For example, the course in which the screen shot is attached has both an exam and quiz grade entered; both of these grades are visible but not reflecting in the course totals. I appreciate your assistance!

Attachment Moodle Issue.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kayla Holder

Re: Grade Book Error

by Floyd Saner -
Kayla,

I would have to look at your grade book settings in more detail to give a definitive answer. However, check the following:

1. Do you have any hidden graded items?  In the Grade Book settings, there are two places where you need to make a change to show aggregated grades if there are hidden grade items: 
    1. In Overview Report, change "Hide totals if they contain hidden items" to show totals excluding hidden grades
    2. Do the same in User Report
  2. If making the above change does not show the totals, then I would start looking at other grade book settings.  One thing to try is to export the grade book as and Excel spreadsheet and verify that everything shows correctly.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Kayla Holder -

Thanks Floyd, I reviewed these settings and our default is set to "show totals excluding hidden grades" so unfortunately..this didn't help. Also, when I exported the grades everything appeared to export correctly.... Does the Greek letter that proceeds course total impact this? We have one course that seems to be calculating appropriately and the Greek symbol is Σ (Sigma).

Thanks again for your reply.

Kayla

In reply to Kayla Holder

by Floyd Saner -

Kayla,

The Greek letter Σ only stand for 'summation', so that should not be the issue.  I'll reply with a private message to see if you can provide login information for me to assist you.

Floyd