How to grant that user agreement is accepted before usage of Moodle?

How to grant that user agreement is accepted before usage of Moodle?

by Herwig Rehatschek -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

We are using Moodle 3.5.2 and have the following problem: I have prepared a user agreement which should be accepted by all users before entering Moodle platform. Ideally this is directly integrated in Moodle, I would expect a process such as following:

A user which has not accepted the user agreement so far (existing user) or a user who logs in for the first time, will be presented a page with the agreement and has to check a box where he agrees in order to continue and enter the start page.

Admins can check, which users have already checked the agreement.

The user agreement page can also be a welcome page in case you do not have any agreements.

The user agreement page is somewhere stores in Moodle where it can be later on accessed / linked, so users can also later on see what they have agreed.

Is there any feature possibility in Moodle to implement a workflow like this?
I guess many other users have the same requirement / problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,
best wishes from a bright and sunny Austria,
Herwig
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Herwig Rehatschek

Re: How to grant that user agreement is accepted before usage of Moodle?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Herwig,

It sounds like the policies tool will suit your requirements. Please see the documentation Policies for further details.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: How to grant that user agreement is accepted before usage of Moodle?

by Herwig Rehatschek -

Good morning dear Helen,

thank you very much for this useful hint. By activating this, new menu points appeared and you are right, these fulfill my requirements!

have a good day and best wishes from a cloudy Austria,

Herwig