Installation Problem: session timed out message coming on login screen

Installation Problem: session timed out message coming on login screen

by Shriya Dhar -
Number of replies: 6
I have recently installed moodle on my server http://jiva.populog.com/moodle. WHen i go to login page, it shows the message "Your session has timed out. Please login again." above the login box. WHen I try to login it brings me back to the home page but does not log me in. What is the cause of the problem? Can anyone solve my problem?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shriya Dhar

Re: Installation Problem: session timed out message coming on login screen

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

It's possible that sessions are not configured properly on your server. Please try calling the script http://yourserver/moodle/lib/session-test.php.
In reply to Helen Foster

by unity chipunza -

I also have the same problem 

WHen I go to login page, it shows the message "Your session has timed out. Please login again." above the login box. WHen I try to login it brings me back to the home page but does not log me in.

I tried your suggestion and after calling the session-test.php it told me sessions are working correctly. But the problem persists. Any other suggestions?

In reply to unity chipunza

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Shriya, I managed to login to your site as a guest, so hopefully your problem is resolved. smile

Unity, please check the "stuck on the login screen" FAQ in MoodleDocs Installation FAQ for other possible causes.
In reply to unity chipunza

by Shriya Dhar -
I could solve the problem yesterday myself. PLease check whether the session directory in moodle data has permission set to 777.
In reply to Shriya Dhar

by unity chipunza -

Lucky you!

I tried it myself but still not the solution. The suggestions in the MoodleDocs Installation FAQ also failed to solve my problem. Any other suggestions? Please help.