Editing the Email Notification text

Editing the Email Notification text

by Mark Stewart -
Number of replies: 7

Hi I' looking to edit the text of the email that gets sent to students upon completion of course with the attached pdf. 

All works fine and the certificate is added as pdf, but the body of email is very plain and I ma looking to change and add extra wording to the body of the email. 

I presume that it is in the language customization area but I can't find the particular string. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Mark

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Stewart

Re: Editing the Email Notification text

by Tracy Hodges -

I would also like to know if this is possible, so if anyone is able to answer this question, that would be great.

In reply to Mark Stewart

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Mark Stewart -

Yes thanks for that. Very helpful. 

Much appreciated. 

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Pixi Flyer -

Brilliant thanks Mark, loving the certificate module, just what i needed also smile

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Pixi Flyer -

Hi Mark

I trust you are well, and hope you could assist! I need to add a custom profile field to the email sent out now i don't know if I must create the string for that or  and how to add that into the e-mail. So for example, the native would be {$a->coursefullname} is see even {$a->category} doesn't come up, and i am looking to add for example {$a->RP_Profile}  

Each staff member has an RP staff  umber eg. RP7564 i need that to be in the email as well.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you smile

In reply to Pixi Flyer

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Unfortunately that would require a developer's help.

You would need to pass these variables to the string so it is able to display them. If you look at the get_string() call in mod/customcert/classes/output/email_certificate.php for the string listed above you can see it takes a list of parameters. You would need to pass these in there.

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Pixi Flyer -

Hi Mark

Ok great that does help thank you!

I will look into it and get back, just on another project at the moment so it's not too serious for now. When i get the gap and IF i get it right, I will respond and let you know or maybe even post to this forum with my findings.

Thanks a million!

Regards smile