prevent students from starting new discussions in a forum

prevent students from starting new discussions in a forum

by mimi nom -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I tried as a teacher of a course to prevent students from starting new discussions in a forum but by accessing the moodle Forum persmissions moodle did not give me the possibility to remove this permission from student role (see the screen shot), why?

is it only administrators have the right to change permissions in a course?

I posted the same topic in the french forum

Thank you in advance for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mimi nom

Re: prevent students from starting new discussions in a forum

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

By default, teachers can change permissions for students in a course.

To enable them to do so on your site, go to Site administration / Users / Permissions / Define roles then in the 'Allow role overrides' tab, tick the box for Student in the Teacher row, as shown in the screenshot below.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: prevent students from starting new discussions in a forum

by mimi nom -

Thank you very much, It works

This box as well as those corresponding to the non-editing teacher and guest roles were not checked

In reply to mimi nom

Re: prevent students from starting new discussions in a forum [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good to hear that you have got things to work, and thanks for posting the solution in your French forum discussion thread. smile