Cant change debug settings

Cant change debug settings

by Lester Stoffels -
Number of replies: 6

Hello

Im using moodle 3.2.1

Im trying to change my debug settings to not display any error messages but it doesnt keep the settings. It keep on going back to the settings to display error messages, the Developer setting.

Thanks for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lester Stoffels

Re: Cant change debug settings

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Does the page look something like this? Note the 'defined in config.php' tags - which mean just what they say...

Attachment Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 19.29.33.png
In reply to Howard Miller

by Lester Stoffels -

Thats correct yes. 

Its currently on Developer. but when i change it to something else then it just go back to Developer.

This is the error that i have reported on but havent receive an answer yet:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/theblhix/public_html/royalkings1/enrol/cohort/settings.php on line 39

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/theblhix/public_html/royalkings1/enrol/database/settings.php on line 89

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/theblhix/public_html/royalkings1/enrol/manual/settings.php on line 66

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/theblhix/public_html/royalkings1/enrol/mnet/settings.php on line 39

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/theblhix/public_html/royalkings1/enrol/paypal/settings.php on line 69

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/theblhix/public_html/royalkings1/enrol/self/settings.php on line 82

by Lester Stoffels -

Hello Howard,

Ive managed to switch it off from the config.php file.

Its off now.

Do you perhaps know what does that message mean that ive posted in my previous email?

Regards

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Looks like a problem generating the roles menu in each enrolment plugin. 

Have you done something odd with your roles? Like delete the standard roles or substantially alter their settings?

I should also point out that you are running an old, unsupported version of Moodle. I would encourage you to upgrade.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Lester Stoffels -

Hello Howard,

Ive upgraded to moodle 3.5 now but im still getting the same errors. And i havent install any plugins as yet or make any changes as yet.

Regards

Lester

by Howard Miller -

...as an aside... if you're getting error messages you should really be thinking about fixing them!