new accounts and confirmation

new accounts and confirmation

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 5

when new users set up a new account on the LMS, an email is sent to the user, with a link to click on to confirm the account.

I want to change the email address that account confirmation emails are sent from to new users who have created an account on moodle. 

Can anyone help me please , with file path I need to go to?

Thanks in advance

Moodle 3.1.6 (Build: 20170508)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: new accounts and confirmation

by Mayank Tyagi -

Hi Altan,

If you want to change the email address of sender then you can change it here. Hit http://example.com/admin/settings.php?section=outgoingmailconfig

or

Siteadministration > Server > Email > outgoing mail configuration.

You can easily change here mail settings according to your need.

For more details follow https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Mail_configuration

Regards,

Mayank Tyagi

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mayank Tyagi

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

That won’t work for the version that the OP indicated (3.1.6)

In 3.1, there’s a setting to force all emails to be sent from the no-reply address. Go to Site administration > Plugins > Message outputs > Email and change the setting for "Always send email from the no-reply address?"

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by altan ahmet -

I tried to test that creating a test account, but it didnt send out an email ?

I changed the default email address in No-reply address from  noreply@www.xxxxx to the new email address , is this what you meant for me to do ?

In reply to altan ahmet

by altan ahmet -

I decided to revert back to the default setting in message outputs > email, but then changed the support default email ( server>support contact )  , to a different email address, and now nothing is being sent out  when i test it with test accounts  ?

In reply to altan ahmet

by altan ahmet -

I've managed to work out why it didnt send an email, it works ok at self registration now ( i got someone else to create a test account )