Can I disable the inline view for marking assignments?

Can I disable the inline view for marking assignments?

by Jess Shannon -
Number of replies: 4

Our users submit their assignments as a PDF form. Ghostscript doesn't render these correctly, it misses out all the form elements.

Is there a way I can disable the pdf preview and just have the teacher download the pdf to view it? They don't need annotating, just an overall mark. Even better would be if it could show the pdf in an iframe and allow the browser to render it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jess Shannon

Re: Can I disable the inline view for marking assignments?

by Jess Shannon -

Solved it.

Under the Assignment settings > Feedback Types, switch off "Annotate PDF"

In reply to Jess Shannon

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

You can disable this site wide in Site admin > Plugins > Activity modules > Assignment > Feedback plugins > Manage feedback plugins. Disable the Annotate PDF plugin and it will turn this off site wide immediately.

If you need it sometimes but not other times, you can leave it enabled it but click the Settings link on that page and then UNCHECK the 'Enabled by default' box so it is off.

Then it will be off in any new Assignments and must be explicitly turned on in the settings for each new Assignment (instead of the other way around as it by default.) This does not affect already existing Assignments, unfortunately, if that is what you need to do.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Marc Couture -

"If you need it sometimes but not other times, you can leave it enabled it but click the Settings link on that page and then UNCHECK the 'Enabled by default' box so it is off."

I don't see this option under the plugin's Settings, unless this has been recently introduced?  We are currently using 3.4.7.

EDIT: as I thought, this option was introduced in 3.5.  Thanks!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)