Weird Forum Grading issue

Weird Forum Grading issue

by Christina Dempsey -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

My institution is recently upgraded to 3.5. I had a professor contact me asking why she wasn't able to grade forums like she used to. I created a test forum to see what the issue was and initially there is an option in the assignment settings that allows me to select a grade category for this item to be in. I selected a previously created grade category for forums. When I saved and checked the grade book , the item wasn't there. I went back in to check the settings of the assignment and the entire grade section had disappeared. It seems like a bug to me, but I'm not sure if maybe I'm missing something else. Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christina Dempsey

Re: Weird Forum Grading issue

by Floyd Saner -

Christina,

The first thing I would check is the 'Ratings' settings.  Are Ratings enabled for the forum?  The next thing I would check is the 'Groups' settings.  Is the forum configured for Separate Groups, but no groups setup in the course?

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Christina Dempsey -

Hi Floyd,

Thank you so much for your response! The ratings are not enabled for the forum, so I will make sure the professor knows that she can turn that on, but why would the grade category option appear initially and then after the fact just disappear? This seems so weird to me.

-Christina

In reply to Christina Dempsey

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Simple answer, something changed.

Complex answer, you figure out what has changed.