Need a clarity on how to have two different domains in single moodle server.

Need a clarity on how to have two different domains in single moodle server.

by Gopi Shekar -
Number of replies: 3
Lets say i need a website (example it runs on this website) mysyncTrainingPage.edu.in with all Programming courses  like inside course there will be courses such as 
1. c++

compiler for testing on spot.
Means after learning stidents will write thier own programs and test by them self in that compiler.

2. java

3. .Net 

etc etc....

And another website with different domain (example it runs on this website) mysyncPage.edu.in  with all the courser like CBSE--> 10th STD--> Mathematics

ICSE--> 8th STD--> Mathematics

But the doubt here i have is like can i configure these both domain in single backend moodle server where Main admin will bring it out like this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gopi Shekar

Re: Need a clarity on how to have two different domains in single moodle server.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can't. 

Single Moodle site, single host name. 

Or, to put it another way, there is a single $CFG->wwwroot configuration setting for the whole Moodle installation. 

In reply to Gopi Shekar

Re: Need a clarity on how to have two different domains in single moodle server.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can't do this in a single moodle installation but you could run two separate moodles on the same server with different domain names.

Or you might look at iomad.org for a multi tenancy solution...