Peer feedback by students that do not make the assignment themselves

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm puzzled how to organize the following in a best possible way:

• Student A from student group A turns in an assignment
  • Student B from student group B gives feedback
  • Teacher A gives feedback to Student B

Student A and student B have different assignments. For student A it is about 'making' the work, for student B it is about assessing the work.

I was thinking 'Workshop module' but that seems to have limits for this. And, the 'timed-phasing' makes it a little more difficult.

Then I thought about the forum. When Student A makes a topic in a forum, only student B can reply to this. Student B does not see the other topics (from other students). Something along the way of groups and separate groups for forums.

One other option that crossed my mind is the multi teacher assignment grading plugin, in which more then one teacher can assess work.

Does anyone else have any ideas on this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: Peer feedback by students that do not make the assignment themselves

by Melanie Scott -

My idea is: try Workshop.  It looks complicated but really isn't that bad.  It is super.  I've been a fan of workshop since before it was really cool (read: 1.9)...the newer versions work so well.  I've run a couple classes with a workshop and once you get your brain around it--very easy.

If you set up a dummy workshop with several test students and do some sample tryouts, it might help you understand better how it works.

You could use forums, but that would be a lot of work.  Substantially more than workshop.

In reply to Melanie Scott

Thanks Melanie. I know about the workshop and have been using Moodle since version 1.6.

But, how to solve the problems I describe in my first post? I can't set a workshop up to do just that... or can I?

by Melanie Scott -

I really think you can.  You'll have to follow the time guidelines but I think it is totally possible.

by Hartmut Scherer -

Have you tried Dataform? You have to download it from Moodle plugins and install it in your Moodle installation. I was able to install this module in Moodle 3.6.1. I have used this module for peer and self assessment during the last 1.5-2 years.

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Thanks, I will be taking a look at that!

by Bianca Mitford -

I will also take same ideas!Thanks!