Please bring back the course summary image!

Please bring back the course summary image!

by Elton LaClare -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

Recently I spent some time looking at the latest version of the Moodle app using the mobile emulator found at https://mobileapp.moodledemo.net/. I noticed that the most recent code has gotten rid of the course summary image in the header of the course page. I'm really sad to see this go, as it really improved the appearance of the course page and was a great compliment to our desktop theme (Fordson) which also uses the course summary file to create a banner at the top of the course page. Please consider bringing this back (or perhaps providing some CSS to allow us to do it for ourselves). 

Thank you.

Old version:

New Version:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elton LaClare

Re: Please bring back the course summary image!

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Elton!

Thanks for submitting your concerns! We've decided that the image will still be available but hidden using css so you can show it again with something like:

ion-app.app-root core-course-format .core-format-progress-list .core-course-thumb {

display: block;

}

It's not integrated yet but it will be soon.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Pau Ferrer Ocaña

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

That is better than no recognition of the issue at all certainly.

My first thought was could it be a setting in the local_mobile plugin on the site? Anything which is a yes/no I would far rather see there so if you just want to turn some things on and off (versus completely muck about with the styling) should be as easily.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

argh...should be as easy as possible

In reply to Dave Perry

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi!

The thing is that we cannot include new settings on mid-release, so this is far better and much simpler because it make it more dynamic to change and version agnostic.

Cheers!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Elton LaClare -

Pau,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I will add this to our style sheet!

Sincerely,

Elton

by Elton LaClare -

Hello again Pau,

We added the CSS you suggested to our style sheet, but we are still unable to see the course summary file in the header on the course page. Have we done something wrong? For reference I've included the CSS below.

ion-app.app-root core-course-format .core-format-progress-list .core-course-thumb {

display: block;

}

Thank you for your time.

Elton

In reply to Elton LaClare

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -

Hi Elton!

It will also need to have Moodle 3.6 or greater in order to have all the info without requiring an additional request to the server. Which version of Moodle are you using?

Thanks,

Pau