Giving learners a title as an achievement/reward?

Giving learners a title as an achievement/reward?

by Adrian Yosifov -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am using latest version of Moodle 3.6.1 and I wasn't sure where to post this.

I am looking for a way to grant a title to a user's profile. I wish them to receive it as a reward for completing a learning path from competencies. It can either be granted automatically or manually I don't really mind I am just curious if this is possible. 

Either a function I don't know or a plugin or something would be helpful.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adrian Yosifov

Re: Giving learners a title as an achievement/reward?

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

You're in the right place, so no problems there, but have you considered the idea of using badges? This is the same thing I suspect. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Adrian Yosifov -

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the reply! 

I want to have the badges yes but I wanted to also grant a title as a reward. Will the badges show next to your profile just like they are showing next to your comment? 

They do not allow titles for users but I was wondering if this is possible in any way..

by David Morrow -

Adrian,

This might not address your question, but just in case - the icons to the side of a user's name here in the forums come from group membership. So you could create a group and give it an image in its group settings - then add a participant to that group for its picture to show next to his posts. As far as I know, these icons only show in the forums.

David

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Adrian,

There is a Moodle built in way you can manually do this, BUT, it requires admin access and the results will be shown THROUGHOUT your Moodle site, so it might not be appropriate.

As admin, go to Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies. In both the Full name format, and Alternative name format, add, alternatename, so that you have,  "alternatename" firstname lastname. Note that I use the double quotes to make the entry stand out from the regular name.

Also as admin, you probably want to go to Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manual accounts and lock the Alternate name field so students cannot grant themselves a title. If you use other authentication methods, check them too.

Now, when you want to add a title to a user, edit their profile and type it in the Alternate name slot.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Adrian Yosifov -

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!