Moved and upgraded, now clicking links to uploaded PDF-files logs out

Moved and upgraded, now clicking links to uploaded PDF-files logs out

by Max Elander -
Number of replies: 2

We moved to a new server (Debian 8) to be able to upgrade PHP to PHP 7, added SSL and then upgraded to 3.5.2.

Now, when a user (any user, also admins) click on a link to a file resource (i.e. /mod/resource/view.php?something) they are redirected to the login page. It is however not possible to log back in, unless the window or tab is closed and a new is opened.

I've tested this in Safari, Chrome and Firefox, macOS and Windows, and it is consistent across client environments, but I can't figure out what the problem on the server could be.

EDIT: I just realized that it only seems to affect PDFs, not for instance .docx files. Maybe that is a clue to someone (though not me)…

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Max Elander

Re: Moved and upgraded, now clicking links to uploaded PDF-files logs out

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Switch on Debugging. Reproduce the problem. Check your web server's error log. 

Hopefully, something is going wrong that is getting logged. 

In reply to Max Elander

Re: Moved and upgraded, now clicking links to uploaded PDF-files logs out

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Did you try from somewhere outside your institution, to eliminate the possibility of content filters, virus protection, all kinds of security enhancements, etc. from your institution side? Also, try with a "neutral" machine, if the device you use belongs to the school's IT.

Failing that, switching the debugging on is where to start.