Individual Student Transcript

Individual Student Transcript

by Julie Hendricks -
Number of replies: 6

I know the individual student's completion can be viewed in the Overview report, but is there a way to print it as a report in a batch for all students or separately?

Right now I have to open the Overview report for each student, one by one, take a Snip of the screen, paste it into a Word document and then print it. There must be a better way.  And if the date of completion was also on the report, that would be even better.

We're using version 3.3.1+

Thank you

In reply to Julie Hendricks

Re: Individual Student Transcript

by Mohamed Aleya -

Hi Julie,

I'm a junior software engineering student. Our project is about building a transcript generator tool. This plugin will allow teachers and/or the administration of the institution to export student transcripts into an Excel sheet with a specific format (which can be easily be changed) by entering the name of or information about the student. 

I hope this plugin will be finished soon enough. We're still learning about Moodle programming now so give us some time and hopefully it'll make things easier for you and the rest of the community! 

Best regards.

In reply to Mohamed Aleya

by maher El aissi -

Hello moodlers,

I have also this same need of a tool to general transcript for school students.

I'm wondering how other moodle users are generating this, and @Mohamed can you please share more information about this project you are working on, I'm a moodle developer and I'm starting soon a project similar to this one.

Regards

Maher

In reply to maher El aissi

by Ivan Gjorgjievski -

Hi all,

let me say that I also have a very big need for such plug in and if developed, you might receive an award or something for betterment of humanity!

To reply to Maher, at my school, we tend to do them by hand due to different standards and grade settings. Time consuming and motivation killer for the student administrators.

(in)patiently waiting for the savior!

Cheers,

i.

In reply to Mohamed Aleya

by Orlando Acevedo -

Hi Mohamed Aleya,

The Moodle plugin that allows credit transcripts to be generated is a MUST. For several years I have been waiting for the development of something similar. The ideal scenario is that the "Moodle transcript plugin" can perform calculations such as Grade Points Average (GPA), credits earned, and so on; not showing just the grades obtained in all courses.

I wish you the greatest success in this project!

In reply to Julie Hendricks

by Al Henneberger -

I am sort of surprised that Moodle does not already have this function built in.

I recently got a request from a manager for such a report for some users.

In reply to Al Henneberger

by maher El aissi -
I have been in contact with a development team, but it will require a budget, if anybody interested to jump in and develop this we can do it together. it require development and maintenance for future Moodle versions.
Whoever interested let me know in private message or in this thread.
The plugin will be a transcript generator, I have an example to follow but will be great if you have any inputs.
Thanks