users creating accounts on moodle LMS

users creating accounts on moodle LMS

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 5

I had my moodle LMS configured so that users could create their own account on the site, however Ive noticed a couple of instances where a user has created an account, and next to the line of the new account it says " confirm", which the admin can click and the "confirm" disappears.

Does this activate the account ?

I also had a new user advise me that they never received any confirmation email  after creating a new account. This same user had an account which had the word " confirm" next to it, are the 2 issues related ?

I'm not sure why this only appears on some new accounts ?

Moodle 3.1.6 (Build: 20170508)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: users creating accounts on moodle LMS

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Consider clicking on "confirm" and see if your user gets the confirmation email.  The confirmation email then provides a link for the user to confirm and get in, I believe.

I use self-registration, which works fine almost all of the time.  But I too get a few of these "confirm" showing.  I haven't spent time trying to figure out why, since they occur so seldom.  Sometimes I think that the user has not used a correct email for their profile, or typed their email incorrectly.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by altan ahmet -

Thanks Rick, it’s helpful to share experiences 

In reply to altan ahmet

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Clicking "confirm" automatically confirms the user's account so they can log in without needing to receive any email. As an aside, from Moodle 3.6, there is a "resend confirmation email" button for users which they can click to try and get the email once more, before having to get in touch with the admin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by altan ahmet -

Thanks Mary, very helpful. I'm using 3.1.6, so presumably  there is no "resend confirmation email " button ?