Grader Report Mark As Final Grade

Grader Report Mark As Final Grade

by Brandon Allen -
Number of replies: 2

Using MoodleCloud currently. I run a martial arts school and would like to use the grader report to manually grade performances of students and have the grade "Complete" competencies. However when I enter a grade in the Grader Report, on the student side it shows "Not Graded" and of course does not complete the activity unless I go through the assignment and grade it. This is not feasible for my application.

So is there a way to change the Grader Report so that what I enter will be accepted as "Graded" or another work around?

Thank you in advance,

Brandon

In reply to Brandon Allen

Re: Grader Report Mark As Final Grade

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Competencies and Grades are not related items in Moodle. They are independent methods of assessing learning and/or skills.

IMHO - they should be related. As an instructor, using Moodle gradebook allows you the flexibility to adjust (re-grade) a student. Competencies are earned or deleted, you cannot change the "rating". If you created competency scales such as; White Belt, Yellow Belt, Orange Belt, Green Belt, Blue Belt, Purple Belt, Brown Belt and Black Belt. Once a student earns their White Belt, you cannot change the student's rating to Yellow Belt.

There is also no standard reporting for competencies and learning plans.

I would probably consider changing my gradebrook letter values to the desired competency level. 0-10 points = White Belt, 11- 20 = Yellow Belt, or whatever points/scale method meets your needs.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Grader Report Mark As Final Grade

by Brandon Allen -

Thank you Shirley I understand. I have a similar setup now. I'm trying to use activity completion "when assignment is graded" to update competencies in students learning plan when they achieve a certain score on the assignment.

My concern is that I evaluate several students at a time so using the "Grader" to evaluate one technique, one person at a time is not feasible. I would like to use the "Grader Report" to record scores of several students across multiple techniques/assignments.

I've been able to use the Grader Report to submit grades. But when I use the Grader Report as a sole method of grading, the assignments show as "Not Graded". Thus not updating activity completion etc. So what I need a solution for is to be able to use the Grader Report and have Moodle recognize the assignment as "Graded".