Multilingual content - different content for every language

Re: Multilingual content - different content for every language

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Perhaps the simple and easy solution is to create different courses per language. This way, you then don't have to worry about how to make the translations, and restrictions.

HTH,
Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Multilingual content - different content for every language

by Margot Soreli -
Hello Séverin,

I am using Moodle 2.7 and currently only have the platform and my course in 1 language (English).

This course has been translated in different languages.
I am planning to create a course per language and I would like to allow users to see the course which is in the language that matches their country only (e.g. an English user would only see the Moodle menu and the course in English, a French user the Moodle menu and course in French etc.).

I am trying to understand:
  • how to display the moodle menu in the right language based on the user's country
  • how to display the course in the right language only (not the courses in other languages) based on the user's country
Would you know how I could do that? All I could find is how to restrict access for an activity within a course, not for an entire course.