How to disable User Tours when upgrading to Moodle 3.6.

How to disable User Tours when upgrading to Moodle 3.6.

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I believe that in my Moodle 3.5, I had successfully disabled User Tours.  I just upgraded to Moodle 3.6.1+ , and I notice that the User Tour kicks in for every student.  I really don't want this to happen, so I would like to disable this for all students.  How do I disable this 3.6 User Tour?  I really don't see a need of showing students that any new feature of 3.6, especially group messaging, since I don't use messaging on my Moodle.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: How to disable User Tours when upgrading to Moodle 3.6.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you go to Site admin / Appearance / User tours you should be able to close the eye of the tour so it doesn't show .

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Yep, works great!  Thanks Mary.

What I noticed were four "eyes" that could be disabled.  I had two of these disabled, and the other two enabled.  Have there always been four, or were two more just added into Moodle 3.6?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes I believe two new user tours were added for 3.6