Database field for shuffle and allow multiple options flags while importing questions in a question bank

Database field for shuffle and allow multiple options flags while importing questions in a question bank

by Paul An -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am trying to import a bunch of Multiple choice questions using "GIFT with medias format" plugin. I do not want to shuffle options and I want the options to be shown with a checkbox (instead of a radio button) for all options irrespective of whether one or more than one options are correct.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any option is the GIFT format where I can specify the shuffle flag.

I am trying to locate the database table/field that store these two settings so that I can set their values manually through a query.

I checked the quiz table design given here:   and it does show a shuffleoptions field in quiz table but I am not sure if this is the field I am looking for. I want to set this option for the question and not for a quiz.

Could some one please tell me where to look for these two fields (shuffle and allow mutiple selection)? My moodle version is 3.6

thank you !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul An

Re: Database field for shuffle and allow multiple options flags while importing questions in a question bank

by Paul An -

Looks like these are controlled by single and shuffleanswers fields of qtype_multichoice_options table.