CLI/CRON Can't Correct Incoming Email Address

CLI/CRON Can't Correct Incoming Email Address

by Ken St. John -
Number of replies: 4

Using 3.4.6 - no shell access

Within the list of tasks executing in cli/cron.php I find (actual server & address obscurred):

Scheduled task complete: Forum mailings and maintenance jobs (mod_forum\task\cron_task) Execute scheduled task: Incoming email pickup (tool_messageinbound\task\pickup_task)

... started 06:58:02. Current memory use 9.2MB.

Connecting to server49.webhost.com as noreply@mydomain.com...

The server address here isn't the correct one. I have changed it in both the incoming and outgoing settings of server/email and cleared all cache but, to no avail - it still uses the wrong server name when the cron script runs. I need to change this - am I missing a setting? How can I change this??

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken St. John

Re: CLI/CRON Can't Correct Incoming Email Address

by Jeff White -

Search for "mailhost" in your site admin. 

In reply to Jeff White

by Ken St. John -

Jeff - could you be more specific please? If you're talking about the search box beneath Site Administration, it returns nothing.

In reply to Ken St. John

by Jeff White -

Actually you should go to here and look for the smtp hosts and Incoming mail server settings.

https:// localhost.com/admin/category.php?category=email

switch out localhost for your site's hostname. 

In reply to Jeff White

by Ken St. John -

even though category.php exists all I get is 404 errors. I would have thought the email settings in site admin would take care of this, but evidently there are others. Not sure how they'd be set if I didn't set them during install & setup.