Award badge for activity if completed after specific date

Award badge for activity if completed after specific date

by Chris Olsen -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

Is there a way to award a badge for an activity passed after a specific date? We have some classes that had activities but we were awarding the badges manually. Now that we have found a process we would like to automatically award the badges but we don’t want the old completions to be awarded the badge. Any ideas? I am thinking that we’ll have to rebuild the activity but wanted to check with the experts. 

Thank you for your time,

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Olsen

Re: Award badge for activity if completed after specific date

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Chris!

Maybe you could enable the date field in activity completion. It appears when configuring the badge "Activity completion" criteria:

Completion date

I hope it helps!

Cheers!

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

Re: Award badge for activity if completed after specific date

by Chris Olsen -

Hi Sara,

Thank you for responding. After some testing this would work but need to to award after a specific date, not complete by. sad

I'll create a set of restrictions to hide the old assignment from the students who are new to the course, who haven't completed the pre-approval assignment. Then I'll show the new assignment to students who haven't completed the pre-approval assignment. Then I'll tie the badge to the new assignment. Took a little tweaking but I think I have the restriction set figured out.

Thank you,

Chris