Forbidden 403 Error

Forbidden 403 Error

by Pravin J -
Number of replies: 6

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /learn/mod/lesson/editpage.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i am trying to add course content, When i click the save btn am getting this error.

Please help me to fix this issue.

thank you in advance!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pravin J

Re: Forbidden 403 Error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is caused by something in your web server's configuration, not Moodle's.

At the very least, check the web server's error log. It may tell you something useful.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Pravin J -

Thank you for your reply..

Can you suggest what kind of error and how to fix this issue.??

In reply to Pravin J

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you check your error log?

by Pravin J -
Not getting any error log messages..

In reply to Pravin J

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

+1 to what Howard is suggesting to you.   The 403 Forbidden error screen isn't coming from Moodle, but your web service - which is what? (apache/IIS/Nginx)

The logs to which Howard is referring are the web service error logs - nothing in Moodle.   Example: *IF* you were hosted on a VPS CentOS 6/7 server, those error logs are in /var/log/httpd/.   On your server?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

by Howard Miller -

Then your error logging has been disabled (bad) or you are looking in the wrong place.