Text highlight activity

Text highlight activity

by Ludovic ORNON -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am looking for an activity where the student can highlight parts of a text that he has difficulties with and share with the teacher in a form a comments / answers.

Any ideas ?

I am a sys admin new to Moodle so, not so knowledgeable about activities yet wink

Thanks in advance,

Ludovic 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludovic ORNON

Re: Text highlight activity

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ludovic,

I do not know of any plugin that can do that directly, but you might be able to come close by doing what I used to do. I used the Dialogue activity, because it would let students upload a file to me. I would have them take and save screen shots, and then send them to me.

Now that the Atto editor can also directly record audio and videos, they can even add a quick audio explanation of the problem in their messages to me.

NOTE: I put each student in a separate group and made sure the dialogue permissions were set so that students did NOT have access to all groups, which prevents them from sending a dialogue to anyone but teachers and admin.

Other possible activities you could use the same way is the Journal, Database, and Forum.

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Text highlight activity

by Ludovic ORNON -

Thank you for you answer,

It made me think about single person group and the activities. (As a sysadmin, I am used to have single person group to embed ressources and give access to the group instead of directly to a person - best practice).

The text given is the same to all students. I will look at the activities you mentioned as well as the wiki.

Thanks,

Ludovic