Unoconv - problems converting some .docx documents (blank page)

Re: Unoconv - problems converting some .docx documents (blank page)

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Susana,

Unfortunately, unoconv seems to break on https://demo.moodle.net pretty often...and it is broken right now, so I would expect that you get no success. You can check this yourself. If you notice when you go to that site, it says you can log in as admin. Do so, and go Site administration > Plugins > Document converters > Manage document converters. You should see that Google drive is NOT Enabled, and that there is NOTHING listed under Unconv, Supported document conversions. If you click the link for, Settings, for Unoconv, you will see a red X which indicates the path is wrong to the document converter.

If you post your revised docx file, I will test it on my server. I would give you access to my server, but my only PostgreSQL Moodle is on my internal network only.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Susana L. -

You are right, it is broken. And not even moodle cloud can be used to check unoconv...
I was trying to find a way to check if the problem is with our unoconv instance or if there is some problem with those .docx files in particular. Because I get trouble submitting only a few of the files I consider the problem being on the files and not on our unoconv instance configuration...
You told me you were able to submit the files I attached, right? But did you opened and saved them before trying to submit them? I mean did you change anything on the files before submitting?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
susana

In reply to Susana L.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Susana,

I agree and think the problem is probably with your files, and NOT with your unconv setup, especially since you are able to render other files without any problems.

I did not open or change anything in the files before submitting. All I did was download and save them. Yes, as a student I was able to submit the files and able to see the contents in the teacher grading view. The one with jpg, rendered with a title and xray photograph. The one with png, only contained the title and there was NOT a picture.

I don't have a Moodle running on PostgreSQL that can be accessed from the Internet, but that should not make a difference since it is LibreOffice doing the conversions. If you would like teacher/student access to my Moodle 3.5 server for testing some submissions on your own, let me know and I will send you credentials via private message.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Susana L. -

Hi AL Rachels,

Thank you very much for your efforts.
It would be great If you could please send me the credentials so I could test on your server, and finally understand if the problem is with my instance or with the docs.

Thank you again.
Best,
susana