ISSUE: After a period of normal functioning, new files uploaded to the repository folders via WinSCP are not shown when attempting to access them from Moodle as an Admin.
Using Moodle 3.5 on Ubuntu 16.04.5, hosted in Azure Cloud. Apache/2.4.18
Actually, I am the Front-end developer, although in absence of a back-end expert, I am having to deal with some difficulties while doing basic updates in the content, mainly due to permission related blocking issues. Thank you in advance for your attention.
- VM mounted as /datadisk in VM Application Server (AppBaseImage).
- According to moodle's Site Administration > Plugins > Repositories settings, the path to the "files" repo points to /datadisk/moodledata_1/repository
- Permissions are set to www-data:www-data as -rwxr-xr-x
In the attached image, both VMs show the list of available files, next to the "pick file" pop-up with only some of those available.
My best guess is that either I ignore that something has to be "refreshed" for the files to show, or that the permissions are not correctly set. Of course I could also be looking at the wrong place for the repository, but I could not find any other feasible location with the console.
Any suggestions will be very welcome, as I could not find any related topics in the forum, probably due to my partial understanding of the File System repository requirements.
TIP: the available files were added before a former Apache admin user was removed and replaced for personal Admin users for the team members.
The problem seems to be solved after a patching of the servers was applied by the Cloud Service Provider. In brief, to my reckon:
- It seems that the AppBaseImage (application server) was grabbing the mounted disk correctly from the MoodleDataBase VM, via a ScaleSet.
- Apparently, until an Apache restart was performed during the patching and the Application Server refreshed from the ScaleSet, the files were not visible by moodle.
I hope this helps others, considering that a similar architecture is involved.