Messages not working after upgrading to 3.6 - Adaptable theme

Messages not working after upgrading to 3.6 - Adaptable theme

by Sa Ku -
Number of replies: 8
I am having similar problem post upgrade to 3.6. I am using Moodle version 3.6.1 and Adaptable theme (version 1.7.1 (2018073000). 

In my case, I am not able to use the message option in the top nav bar. It shows icon for unread message, but when I click the icons nothing happens. I tried checking the message preferences (Preferences > User account > Message preferences) but the screen is blank with no option to configure any settings. 

Does anyone know a quick fix?

Thanks,

Sa Ku

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sa Ku

Re: Messages not working after upgrading to 3.6

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sa,

I have just split your post from the discussion After Upgrade to 3.6 from 3.5: Messages not working as it could be about a different problem; also to make sure your post gets some attention!

You mention that you are using the Adaptable theme. Please can you start by trying switching to one of the standard themes, Boost or Clean, to determine whether the problem is theme-related.

In reply to Helen Foster

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Yes, Helen is right it is a theme issue. Message drawer which opens by clicking it, is not working in Adaptable theme.

In reply to S. kavita

Re: Messages not working after upgrading to 3.6 - Adaptable theme

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks S. kavita for the confirmation. I'm just moving this discussion thread to the Themes forum...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Sa Ku -

Helen, you were right. There seems to be no issues related to messaging feature on other themes. It is just on the Adaptable theme. 

@Fernando: I didn't on purpose updated the Adaptable theme. I downloaded the version that is available unaware of the issue that it might cause with 3.6.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Thomas Grosser -
Hi there, same issue here but not only a theme thing!
Looks like an Programming Error in externallib.php
Attachment Moodle_Messages3_6.PNG
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Thomas Grosser

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Thomas,

Is this Adaptable version 1.7.3 running on Moodle 3.6?  If so then I suggest that you wait for a version of Adaptable for Moodle 3.6.

G

In reply to Sa Ku

Re: Messages not working after upgrading to 3.6 - Adaptable theme

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The question is not how to fix the issue. The question is why did you update Adaptable when we are still developing the new version for moodle 3.6?

This new Adaptable version will include the new messages feature (this is not an issue BTW)