Adding more than one dependence item for a feedback label

Adding more than one dependence item for a feedback label

by Giorgos Siligardos -
Number of replies: 5
I have a new page with a label and I want the label to be shown only when the user has given specific answers to three questions in a previous page.

Moodle gives me option to set dependence item for the label in only one of the previous question

Any help?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giorgos Siligardos

Re: Adding more than one dependence item for a feedback label

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are they all multiple choice?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Giorgos Siligardos -

Yes. They are basically of YES/NO type

I also face problem when I want to show a label ONLY when at least one of the previous three questions were answered as a YES.

Moodle does not offer AND and NO combinations for dependencies but perhaps there is a workaround

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That is tricky - about the only thing I could think of is adding another question - Did you answer yes to any of the previous three questions? and then make it dependent on that.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Giorgos Siligardos -
Thanks Emma.
Well, this is indeed a workaround although kinda inconvenient  smile
What if the student makes a mistake and gives a wrong answer in the workaround question?

Thanks anyway

by Emma Richardson -

Yes, it is far from perfect but he might make a mistake in the three questions too...if they were all on one page it wouldn't be so bad...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)